With the arrival of the summer and with wedding season in full swing, it’s now time to evaluate and make sure you’re taking full advantage of all the business that can come along with it. For salons and even spas, wedding season can be the gift that keeps on giving.
You’ve got major players to think about during wedding season, and they include (but not limited to):
- The Bride
- Mother of the Bride
- Bridal Party (we’re talking bridesmaids and flower girls)
- Groom and Groomsmen
Successful salons understand that there’s a ton of business available during the summer months, especially because of the surge in weddings and all the events that come along with it. From engagement photo shoots to bridal showers, from the bachelorette party to the big event, itself – each wedding has the potential for a surge in new customers.
The best way to address wedding season is to provide wedding packages, promotions, and specials. Read on for some great ideas for how to promote this season:
1. Tiered Packages: All brides and all weddings are completely unique. Sometimes you’ve got the low-key bride who’s just looking to get a simple but elegant look done for her wedding…other times you’ve got the princess bride looking for the major fairytale makeover. With so many types of brides looking for so many different types of experiences, it’s important that you introduce tiered packages that can suit each of their different personalities. Going from a low-tier to a high tier gives them (and you!) options and can help them make the decision that’s right for them.
2. Trials and Updo Hairstyles: When a bride is looking to pick out the salon that works best for them, they’re going to want to make sure they have a trial run-through for the hairstyle. If you’re looking to snag the business of a bride, try to include some free trials in your promotions. It’ll put the bride at ease and give her the special attention that clients love.
3. Partnering with Local Services: Another great idea, if you don’t already offer the services, is to partner with local salons to offer up a package and providing the full spa and salon experience. Find local businesses that offer up complementary services to yours and create packages and specials for your clients to purchase. For example, if you’re strictly a hair salon, find a nail salon and offer up mani and pedi deals. If you’re a nail and hair salon, find a local spa that can also throw in a massage to the mix. There are dozens of combos to create and really tantalize even the pickiest of brides.
4. Don’t Forget About the Groom: While most salons focus on the importance of getting the bride ready for the big day, what about the groom and his groomsmen? See if you can tailor your promotions to include the men during the season. Offering a haircut and style for the bride, why not include a special that includes a shave and cut for the groom?
So what do you think…ready to snag all that bridal businesss this wedding season!?