You work hard. Let’s be frank: You bust your a**. Day in and day out - you’re out the door at the crack of dawn, and don’t return till the moon and stars are shining bright in the midnight sky. You put your blood, sweat, and tears into your business - because it’s yours. It’s your child. It’s your dream. You’re a small business owner.
This week is all about you and recognizing all your hard work. Today, Monday May 2nd, marks the start of a nationally acknowledged week of appreciation - National Small Business Week (May 2nds - May 6th). Every year since 1963, the United States has issued a proclamation announcing National Small Business Week to recognize all the contributions of America’s hard-working entrepreneurs and small business owners.
Big Achievements of Small Businesses Worth Celebrating...
- Today, there are nearly 27 million small business in the U.S.
- The number of small businesses in the United States has increased 49% since 1982.
- Small business are responsible for creating nearly two-thirds of net new jobs in the U.S.
- The 600,000 plus franchised small businesses in the U.S. account for 40% of all retail sales and provide jobs for some 8 million people.
- Since 1990, as big business eliminated 4 million jobs, small business added 8 million jobs.
- The small business sector in America occupies 30-50% of all commercial space, an estimated 20-34 billion square feet.
- Facebook is the new, best home for small business. Facebook is leading among all the social websites with 82% of small businesses registered.
- 78% of small businesses now get at least a quarter of their new customers via social media
- Many small business owners are contributing to National Small Business Week through online panel discussions.
(source - www.sba.gov *)
In the mood to celebrate National Small Business Week? Booker is!
Booker Software is proud to celebrate all the small businesses they work with. They want to showcase you, and your business. They want to know what being a small business owner means to you! Check out Booker’s social media challenge and enter for a chance to win a free Amazon Echo!